Thursday, 30 April 2015
April 2015
22.79k hands. 104 hours. 219h/hr.
8k hands HU, 14k 6max. Plus a lot of 6m on SKY.
Bit of a disappointing month. I jumped into 6max a bit quickly and instead of learning my way back into the game at 200nl I ended up playing a lot of $600 and some $1k. It defiantly takes some getting used to - switching between HU and 6m and often playing both at the same time.
Anyway one day I managed to lose £3.7k, which is in the top 3 for amount I've lost in a day. I don't even think I played particularly badly. I lost like £2.3k and was still feeling good and made it to the gym. Then maybe played a little bad later on in my 2nd session. As often happens after a day like this it shattered my confidence.
Ideally after suffering a setback I would nit up my game selection a lot more and not play any regs or even breakeven-ish fish. But for whatever reason there hasn't been nearly enough HU fish this month to wait around for. Ideally HU is my favourite way to make money (least stress, biggest winrate, good for mental happiness) but realistically it's looking like HU alone won't be enough, unless I'm prepared to put hours into my game and battle vs good regs. Anyway, I've bought the tools to give me a fair shot at getting good seats in 6m games, so I'm going to keep trying to win there.
My gym routine predictably suffered whilst I was struggling but hopefully that is back on track now. Also I had a knee injury that kept me out of football for a week - it's still giving me problems but I got a knee brace and that has helped. I'm probably playing way too much football but I just can't turn a game down - often playing 4 or 5 days in a row. Weight loss has been good this month just judging on aesthetics.
I started taking these BCAA's to help with muscle growth/recovery a few days before my big losing day. Honestly sure they were fucking with my head - I took them for 5 days and started feeling depressed beyond believe and was close to tears one night and couldn't explain why. I'm just glad I did some digging and found out that they have been known to lower serotonin levels which affects mood. I was taking them on top of a protein shake that also included EAA and BCAA, which was probably a mistake on my part - but I'm sure that is quite common and I've seen programs recommend it.
Anyway. Onwards and upwards. I'll be playing as much HU as I can in May as well as trying to get into good $200 upto £300 6m games.
April wasn't so bad, I still turned a profit and I'm still doing OK for the year.
JANUARY = +£7,823
FEBRUARY = +£10,526
MARCH = +£6,645
APRIL = +£2,551
TOTAL = +£27,545
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment