Another annoying month. I'm kind of confused as what to focus on - the in depth PIO based strategy which I find very difficult to get my head around - or the "solid", if perhaps not the highest EV and maybe more easily exploitable strategy. I think in April I will try to play less on Stars and will play only 200nl on other sites.
The untracked by PT4 sites especially I seem to do better on. Also it's an old stupid habbit but I think I don't respect playing in $ enough. It's utterly idiotic and tbh I need to fix this ASAP. Like I am way more willing to run debatable bluffs on $200nl - it's either because it's lower stakes or because the $ value dosent mean as much to me as playing in £. Just writing this again is kinda embarassing.
So April I'm going to focus only on 200nl and some £100 to help fill tables early morning. I need to cut down on needless spew which is the main thing holding me back I think. Also I'm going to set a strict limit of 8 tables. I think I may resize them in such a way that reminds me that 8 is my absolute limit - meaning if a better table comes up then I MUST ditch the worst table.
I realised when I was stopping today that I spend most of my playing time still actively looking for better tables. This is obviously a good idea to some extent and is needed if I want to make any more playing at the time of day that I currently play at - but it definitely takes away some intensity and focus from my actual play. Limiting myself to 8 tables may help with this - it's just I'm always on the lookout for a mega-whale and have a major case of FOMO!
I've been chatting to one former HU reg that has started playing 6m again - we have discussed the possibility of a Skype group but nothing has went any further. It's difficult because I don't know how much I have to offer other people and I'm not sure what direction I want to go with "study" at the moment.
There is a lot of talk about the "future" of poker and how long people will be able to make money playing. It is difficult to say and there is really no point worrying about it - as many of the changes happen gradually and the ones that don't are out of our control.
For this reason I think if I am beating even the 200nl games for a decent clip then there is very little point in devoting 100s of hours of study to learning this new PIO-based style. For sure there are elements that I can add to my game that come from Solvers - but I think for now I should just concentrate on getting in good games and playing winning poker at the tables.
Lets hope my performance on Stars, 888 and Party pick up - as those are holding me back quite a bit.
I really think with the right mindset I will be able to do well at 200nl. One quarter through the year and I'm at just under £10k, meaning a £40k year... which wouldn't be great but would not be a disaster anyway. I have less expenses now that I bought my half of the house (also not getting married this year!).
JANUARY = +£6,696
FEBRUARY = +£1,143
MARCH = +£1,854
TOTAL = +£9,693

No comments:
Post a Comment