53.9k hands. 124hours. 434h/hr
Had a good start to the month but then perhaps started taking things for granted, as well as concentrating on some of the wrong things at the table. I kind of forgot what was working well for me in January - when I was just trying to keep things simple - especially vs regs. The games around the 200nl stake play very tight at the moment - not what I was used to when playing HU and back in 2013 when I used to play 6m. I need to keep reminding myself that it is not massively +EV to get AK in from any position any more. Other stuff like that can happen, especially when you have been running bad or are not full focused on the tables.
I finally got some coaching this month from someone who play much more theory based than I ever have. I feel this has gone well so far (3/5 lessons in), but after the first lesson or two I was maybe applying a few concepts wrongly or not as part of an overall strategy. I still have a lot of work to do on that front, but hopefully I can start putting things together.
I bought the PIO-solver software that is the new trend just now, and I think it is probably a must have going forward. I do need to put in more hours using it, but as has always been the case for me I would rather play than study.
It has been a difficult second half of the month but I'm still positive going forward into March.
I will need to start setting more study based goals I think and start taking a more analytical approach to improving my game.
Outside of poker it wasn't as an eventful month as the last, though I do go through to Glasgow on Friday to see Fat White Family. It was an amazing gig, they really are special live. Their 2nd album came out this month too and again it doesn't do them justice compared to live. I also saw Supoermoon and a Glasgow band called White this month, both were enjoyable.
I have also started a new hobby of homebrewing. The first batch of American IPA has been in bottles for 10 days now - it tastes OK-ish at the moment but is due to improve and be drinkable in 3 weeks and best in nearly 3 months. I have another Pale Ale fermenting as well as a Belgian Dopple - both from extract malt kits. I'm a bit concerned about both of them for different reasons - I wasn't as on the ball with them compared to my first brew. Time will tell if they are OK. I also bought a sick BBQ and made some lovely food. Who cares if it's still winter? Guess it's the first day of Spring tomorrow so it might be more acceptable!!!
Anyway,
JANUARY = +£6,696
FEBRUARY = +£1,143
TOTAL = +£7,839

No comments:
Post a Comment