Monday, 31 March 2014

March 2014


27k hands, 104.5hrs, 258 hands/hr (still to high - too much multi-tabling!)

Even on Boyle, up 250 on Laddys and 1.7k on SKY. Over profit £5.1k.

Play next to no PLO this month. I feel my NL game and overall mindset is in more need of work and this is not an ideal time for me to be learning PLO.

I feel like I have had spells this month of playing very well, which is encouraging. When focused and well rested I can cope with most players and can take losing OK. When tired or hungry though, I can't make good decisions at all and that has cost me a few times this month. I'm going to set a daily stoploss next month of probably £1200.

I had my friend Jordan up and had a long chat with him about improving my mental game and overall psychology (he is qualified sport psychologist now! we were at Uni together). He is interested in working more with me and when he saw the rates that one poker psychologist charges he want's to look into doing more!

He suggested I set myself more short term goals. This is something I know and feel stupid really having never outlined before. I am going to set myself 3 daily questions/goals.

These are:

1. Pay close attention to opponents and make as many useful notes as possible.

2. Have a time span set for each session and STICK TO IT (3hrs max). Stop immediately if tired or getting too emotional.

3. Take regular effective breaks (preferably with exercise included)

These are a work in progress and may change. I'm also going to start keeping a weekly log of results. With hrs/day targets as well as a checklist similar to the above but expanded a bit. I am reading Jared Tendler's "Mental Game of Poker 1" and speak to Jordan about it and incorporate that into my weekly logs/ overall mental approach.

On the actual playing side I bought "Barewire"'s Heads Up course for beginners. It's been pretty basic so far but I think it well defintly help my game in some way and after I've watched all 7 videos I will probably buy his advanced series. Good HU content is getting harder to find therse days, so hopefully this wiill help me out a lot.

In April I want to focus on improving day by day, my mental approach as well as honing my actual game through the video series and making more detailed reads in game, as well as some session reviews.

Aside from poker, we are looking into Wedding bands and are going to see a few next week. I want to exercise more and keep playing a lot of guitar and trying to write songs.

JANUARY = £7,300
FEBUARY = £2,250
MARCH = £5,100
 
TOTAL = £14,650

No comments:

Post a Comment