Monday, 28 December 2015

December 2015


34.7k hands. 106 hours. 327h/hr

Total profit = +£3,005

Month started off very well and I was up £6k after about 8 or 9 days. Then it was a little bit up and down, twice I found myself playing very long sessions when I was down and chasing - I can't afford to be doing that these days.

I lost a little confidence for sure and it will take some solid sessions and study to fully recover. Though the monthly results are helped dramatically by SKY where I made a nice profit.

Looking back on the year poker took a back seat and I was focusing on planning our wedding, looking for houses, the actual wedding, the honeymoon, getting mortgage, buying the house, getting the house upto standard and then finally moving in. On top of this I was playing a ridiculous amount of 5-a-sides as well regularly going to the gym. This has been the most exciting and amazing year of my life!

That's not to make excuses - I'm still relatively happy with my results. No doubt with more study and focus I could have done better - but almost everyone will be saying that at the end of the year.

I feel proud to still be doing OK at this daft card game and determined to do well and enjoy playing throughout next year.

I still have lots of savings despite forking out £125k for the house then countless more £k's for spark/plastering/decorating work. Not to mention the Wedding and honeymoon - plus a holiday to Mexico in January.

In some ways it feels like my goal has changed - in that I want to get back to constantly learning and improving my game, but in other ways the goal is still the same - make as much money as I can without sacrificing (too much!) quality of life and quality of relationships.

I am going to play the first week of January then we are away for about 10 days in London then Mexico. I am planning on getting coaching when I get back, probably from Zazano who is one of the only 6m coaches game I respect. I will talk to him about things that I have on my mind - should I be using a GTO solver etc.

I will also draw up a set of goals again and an overall plan of action. This will be done after Mexico as I don't see much point in getting coaching or setting goals only to be away for 10 days after a week.


JANUARY = +£7,823
FEBRUARY = +£10,526
MARCH = +£6,645
APRIL = +£2,551
MAY = +£4,568
JUNE = +£6,166
JULY = +£7,190
AUGUST = +£2,725
SEPTEMBER = +£2,455
OCTOBER = +£646
NOVEMBER = +£3,742
DECEMBER = +3,005

TOTAL =  +£58,030


No comments:

Post a Comment