Saturday, 20 December 2014
December 2014
15.8k hands, 73 hours, 216hands/hr
+£4,000
6max breakdown: 3k hands, +£1,270
December always seems to be a difficult month for me poker-wise. So although £4k is nothing to write home about I'm pretty pleased with the month. I still don't fully understand why I struggle in December; but I do. It's probably a combination of less action, bad weather effecting my mood/routine, "end of the year totals problem" and the fact that I generally take 1.5-2 weeks off and do more socialising/drinking than usual.
The total for the year is £62k, which I think is respectable for small and mid stakes but there is definitely room to increase that figure.Various changes throughout the recently are leading me to worry about the future of poker, particularly heads up. Over the last couple of years we have lost HU on 888, Everest, Boss, Stars.fr, Winamax. Sites are focusing way more on getting fish to deposit (which is good), but they are really making it difficult to players to be able to profit in many different types of games. Although not much of my action has been on Stars it is extremely worrying the stance they have taken regarding increased rake in many games, especially HU. In a time when players willing to start games or play against someone who isn't a drooler should be being encouraged, Stars new owners have decided to punish these people with increases in rake. Serious reg matches at 100 and 200 have become a death-wish usually for both players, 100 and 200 zoom seem to only run when there are whales in the pool - even then I'm not sure how profitable it can even be - I've left zoom alone for months now.
I've tried various things to play more hands. The problem is with HU if someone is prepared to put in serious volume against me, there is a good chance that they are solid and could well have the edge on this "old timer". It's hypocritical of course to complain about weaker regs not playing me whilst not being will to constantly battle vs the toughest at my stakes. I guess everyone is just trying to make some money. The way it is going though I forsee HU steadily declining.
So I'm diversifying. Having tried learning PLO on numerous occasions I have decided that is a no go for now. I think the best plan for me is to continue sitting HU for 6-8 hours a day (Mon-Fri in general), but I'm going to add in 6m to my morning session, possibly afternoon too if I feel fresh.
Anyway this has been super long. Going out with my pals tonight and looking forward to spending Christmas with Claudia and our families - and not having all the attention of our engagement to worry about this year. Relaxing time.
JANUARY = +£7,300
FEBRUARY = +£2,250
MARCH = +£5,100
APRIL = +£3,440
MAY = +£3,220
JUNE = +£11,690
JULY = +£3,630
AUGUST = +£4,190
SEPTEMBER = +£10,980
OCTOBER = +£3,960
NOVEMBER = +£2,350
DECEMBER = +£4,000
TOTAL = £62,110
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment